Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Nominated

I am able to deliver both good news and an optimistic view today. I had an interview scheduled this afternoon at the university. My recruiter was not able to make it to the campus but arranged this morning for the interview to be conducted via webcam. I still put on a suit and looked as presentable as I would have in person. I wore white socks though, just because I could and they're more comfortable. It lasted about two hours and went well, in my opinion. It was very beneficial to be familiar with the questions found on the Peace Corps wiki site.(Thanks Christina if you should read this) I understand that you may be nominated for placement a few days after the interview. However, my recruiter let me know that I would be nominated immediately after the interview. That made my day. Next, I should be receiving an official placement. The recruiter is aiming to get me into Latin America this July.

2 comments:

  1. This blog is hilarious, you are a very funny guy. Hope the process is chugging along in its appropriately dysfunctional way for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I think I'm making the process dysfunctional. I just took a part time job(in addition to my full time job) when I should be focused on volunteering etc. But I will see how things go.

    ReplyDelete