Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Call from placement

I'm trying to be really cool about this. I don't want to get too excited until I actually see a post man strolling down my block with a large blue envelope. However, placement just called and asked me a few questions and stated that they were using my answers to determine which program to place me in between January and March. It will be in ESL teaching vs business advising. I am ok with this. The other option was to wait for a 'possible' placement after June 2012 in business. I can neither wait that long nor take that chance. So she told me that she would look at the options in Latin America and then email me by the end of the week letting me know when I can expect to depart. Then, she will mail an invitation which should arrive in 5-7 days. I'm at work right now but I'm having a hard time concentrating. I hope that email comes soon.

5 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I saw your blog on the Peace Corps blog database, and would pretty much just like to share that I went/am going through the exact same thing that you are as well. From dental problems (wisdom teeth) to missing out on my original departure date (June 2011) to waiting for placement to call (I'm scheduled to hear from them tomorrow. VERY nervous right now.) They all suck, of course.

    Well, let's hope things work out for the both of us. SOON. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope things work out for the both of us. I am just beyond ready to know something solid. From the very beginning you ride on hope. "I hope I get nominated. I hope I pass medical. I hope I don't turn old and gray before placement." I don't know what I'm gonna do when I actually have an invitation. Probably pass out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely was/am the crazy nominee who emailed everyone in Peace Corps and have my emails forwarded to all over the place. I say you go for it. Call and give them a little nudge. What else do you have to lose? Dignity? Sanity? We're in this carrot on a stick scheme long enough to not need any of that anymore.

    I can't wait to quit my job. Can you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I called. Got voicemail. Left a message. You are right. Im not worried much about loosing my sanity anyways. It's already almost all gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i found out my placement. hope yours is coming soon! :)

    ReplyDelete